Practical Acupuncture for Horses
Practical Acupuncture for Horses was developed by practicing equine veterinarian Dr Steve Bobis in consultation with Professor Wang Qinglan, past Vice Dean of Veterinary Medicine at Beijing Agricultural University, and with the help of Dr Shiela White of Murdoch University in Western Australia. All are internationally recognised authorities in veterinary acupuncture.
Practical Acupuncture for Horses is a multimedia instructional tool that helps you go beyond the theory to practical acupuncture. Using high quality graphics, narrative and simple instructions, we provide you with:
- Precise anatomical descriptions of point locations and show you how to find them.
- The range of points used to treat specific conditions and suggested treatment regimes for each condition.
- Video demonstrations show how to apply the various techniques. A catalogue of over 200 common conditions in horses that can be treated using acupuncture, and guidance on points used to treat each conditions.
- Acupuncture offers a drug free treatment for a range of conditions.
- Practicing veterinarians and animal health care professionals can expand their services to provide clients with the benefits of both conventional veterinary medicine and traditional alternatives..
- The product is also invaluable to students and teachers of veterinary medicine and animal health care as well as professionals in the horse racing industry and other equestrian sports such as horse breeders, trainers and owners who have a vested interest in health care options for their horses.